Most of you have probably heard that Calvary Ventura is going to be offering what’s called “School Of Ministry” (SOM) this year. Perhaps you’ve heard of SOM or perhaps this is the first you’ve ever heard of it. Either way, you’re bound to have some questions about what SOM is and what being a part of it would look like. For this reason, I’m going to be hosting a SOM Informational Meeting in the Children’s Ministry room on Sunday February 18th starting at 11:15. In the course of this meeting, I’ll do my best to:
- Help you understand what SOM is and what it looks like
- Help you understand why we offer SOM
- Help you understand what kind of commitment SOM requires
- Let you hear testimony from some who have successfully completed SOM
- Open things up for some Q&A
The meeting will begin right at 11:15 and it will take 45-60 minutes depending on the number of questions and participants. There’s no need to sign up for the meeting. Just show up and learn enough about SOM to make an informed decision about whether or not you want to participate in this unique spiritual formation component of our ministry.
God bless you!
Pastor Dan Patterson