Home Fellowships are coming to Calvary Ventura this Fall!
Please join Pastor Dan Patterson Sunday, September 25th after service in the Children’s Ministry Room as he shares:
* How Home Fellowships are a truly biblical ministry model
* What makes Home Fellowships so very effective for discipleship
* How Home Fellowships are very effective for true fellowship
* How Home Fellowships can help God’s people get connected
Our annual Legacy of Life Gala is right around the corner!
We are excited to have abortion survivor, Denisha Workizer, as our guest speaker this year. The event will
be held on Thursday, October 6th, 2022 at the Ventura Beach Marriott. This event is an incredible time to
celebrate what God has done in the ministry with an incredible evening of delicious food, inspirational
speakers, and exciting ministry updates!
If you are interested in attending, please contact Pastor DanO by Sunday, September 18.
Join us outdoors the first Sunday of each month to celebrate Communion and worship the Lord in His Word, song, and fellowship. Children’s ministry will be available.
We will also be simulcasting the service on our big screen in the Main Sanctuary for those who want to fellowship in person but prefer to be indoors.
Bring your Bibles and chairs.
Where do we park on Sundays? There are two places to park:
- We will have parking available in front of the church. At the Main Street end of our lot you will see signs for Bella Mucci Bridal Shop. Please do not park there at this time.
- We will also be parking in the Lassens parking lot (not the Deckers lot).
Opportunities to serve include:
- Worship/pulpit/technical setup. We need a team of 6 to arrive at 7:30AM to help. No experience necessary
- Setting up EZ-ups, welcome/info table, tithing boxes. We need a team of 4 to arrive at 8:00AM.
- Greeters/parking attendants. Beginning at 9:00AM, welcoming people, helping people with seating, and being a blessing to those who are joining us.
- Communion Team.
- Prayer Team. Available for those desiring prayer after service.
- Breakdown/cleanup. We need a team of 6 to stay about 1 hour after the end of service to put away our equipment, EZ-ups, etc. from the parking.
Contact Pastor DanO to get plugged in: Opportunities to Serve
Find community. Find purpose. We are mothers who, together, bring all our concerns before our Heavenly Father. In prayer, we know that we are not alone and this gives us reassurance and hope. Let us stand with you in prayer for your children and their schools. We are delighted to meet you!
For more information contact Enid Chiang below:
20/20 — Seen. Chosen. Sent.
A video-based Bible study by Christine Caine
Join us if you want to:
• Experience the unconditional love and call of Jesus
• Discover your inherent value and kingdom mission
• Gain confidence to share the living hope of Christ
Our Fall session will begin on September 13th and meet every other Tuesday at 6:30pm in the Main Sanctuary. We will end mid-December. Our first session will be a potluck so please bring a dish to share!
You will need to purchase the workbook for this study on your own through lifeway.com (link below). If this is a problem please let us know how we can help. Hurry, it’s on sale now for ½ off!!!! You will be blessed by this study! You DO NOT need to have chapter one completed in your workbook. It won’t be due until our second meeting.
Childcare will be upon reservation only. There will be a limited number of spaces available. Please email Arly the Sunday before each session to reserve your spot otherwise there is no guarantee of availability the night of. Thanks for your cooperation in this manner.
For more information contact Arly below.
The Jesus Paul Knew
The apostle Paul experienced an extraordinary encounter with Jesus that changed the trajectory of his life. In Scripture, we witness Paul learning more about Jesus – about His remarkable grace, peace, power, love, and sacrifice – and then passionately sharing His message with others. This passion is what eventually led Paul to declare, “For me, to live is Christ. To die is gain” (Philippians 1:21). In recent years, scholars have tended to focus more on Paul’s foundational theology, but we can learn so much from Paul and what it looks like to obey Jesus in the everyday tests of faith.
You will need the study guide we’ll be using and can order it using one of the links below:
Contact Pastor DanO or email us below if you have any questions:
Join us for “Saturday Night Live!” on Saturday, August 20 at 5pm. We’ll be in the parking lot for an evening of worship, fellowship, BBQ and baptism!
Don’t forget your chairs!
If you are interested in getting baptized, or just have questions about it, please contact Pastor Dan Patterson below.
If you’d like to help serve with setup or breakdown contact Pastor DanO here.